[CentOS-devel] [C6] SRPMS/Packages almost empty

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Aug 19 14:30:40 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 08/17/2011 06:14 PM, Fred Wittekind wrote:
> I know your busy, but, any word on the debuginfo packages?

we are changing the entire debuginfo infra around on its head, the
resources we have in place now are clearly not adequate for the amount
of data that needs to be on there.

the plan is to convert one of our machines at OSUOSL into a debug and
vault machine, and setup mirrors from there in the US and EU ( it might
only be 1 machine in each location for now, not many of our machines
have > 1TiB of disk space needed for this content now ).

Thats not much in terms of news, but you know what is going on at this
time. ETA, give it another 4 - 5 days. the configs are all in, puppet
knows what to do, its now just a case of sitting it out waiting for the
data to relocate itself. And then flipping dns

- KB