[CentOS-devel] Boot.Kernel.Org and CentOS

Tue Aug 2 10:21:11 UTC 2011

On 07/29/2011 09:12 AM, James A. Peltier wrote:
> Okay I've got some preliminary code that will do it, but I'd like a bit more detail as to how you plan on implementing it.  Is there an intention to have a boot.centos.org server for which menu options that a user can choose from is selectable?  i.e.

That would be good yes, what sort of a setup is needed behind
boot.centos.org ?

> and then these choose the ISO from a mirror closest to them or would you just like a CD image that just net boots the appropriate version?  What is it that you would like?

Since you are looking into this, why dont you go ahead and make a
recommendation - that would be a good place to start from. We can tweak
/ tune stuff from there onward. In terms of testing things, perhaps a
single image that is directly usable would be an easy way to move
forward, we can then later see whats involved in working through the
mirrorlist.centos.org stuff to have closest-known-good-image come into
play. How does that sound ?

- KB