[CentOS-devel] custom iso spin

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Dec 30 22:49:58 UTC 2011

Hi Guys,

On 12/30/2011 02:55 PM, Lamar Owen wrote:
> I'd like to make an install USB with all the CentOS packages, sorted into repositories, and with updates integrated.  Also, I'd like to put some select third party repos, and be able to use them at install time (anaconda is capable of using any repo at install time, of course).   With 16 and 32GB USB bootable USB sticks somewhat affordable now, I can see great utility in being able to carry a key around to do installs to non-network attached PC's (of which we have a few) as well as being able to yum update off of that media (as documented in a form in the CentOS-Media.repo file).
>
> And, like the OP, I'd like to drive the tools, meaning build it myself so that I can include packages that CentOS can't distribute (in particular, some site-developed packages that for various reasons we can't or won't distribute).  The SL project documents a good deal of this process in their 'sites' documentation, incidentally.

the actual tools are all just anaconda/scripts - included in the rpms's
- BUT, you dont need to rebuild the installer to achieve any of that.
All you need to do is decide on the layout ( ideally, dont change the
layout already in place so you dont lose the ability to
use/abuse/incorpotate existing tools ), add your content into place and
setup a new installclasses/<lamar.py> which sets up whatever install
options you want pre-selected ( or just do that via kickstart ).

anaconda in c6 will work with arbitary media:// style repos as well as
the usual http:// ftp:// etc ones.

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax