[CentOS-devel] progress?

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 00:55:45 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 6:27 PM, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, dsieme01 at yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> Good answer.
>> The C in cent means Community.
>
> No, no, you have it all wrong ! The C in CentOS means Closed ;-)

Oh, my, Are you sure it doesn't mean "Catty"? ;-}======== (I had to
add the beard: Dag has seen my beard.)

For folks new to this sort of thing, Dag is one of the wonderful
people maintaing the RPMforge repository from which contemporary
versions and non-RedHat published components such as contemporary git
and subversion and nagios and perl modules are available. He's one of
the  *very* few of us in a position to actually snark at a maintainer
of a major open source repository, as someone who does it himself.

When are you coming to the Boston area, Dag? I'm no longer in London,
but if you come around here I'm sure I can arrange a gathering with
some interesting people.