[CentOS-devel] progress?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Feb 17 12:26:48 UTC 2011

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> On 02/16/2011 11:27 PM, Dag Wieers wrote:
>
>>> The C in cent means Community.
>> No, no, you have it all wrong ! The C in CentOS means Closed ;-)
>
> Thats not helpful, really. I know and  thought we had previously
> established that the idea of this community is mostly alien to you.

I thought we previously established that the CentOS developer(s) were not
interested in a transparent development process that would take advantage
of the resources of our community to speed up releases.

> Have you ever considered the idea that the centos developer community (
> as opposed to the centos community at large ) are all people who have
> @redhat.com email address's ?

You seem to imply that there's only Red Hat and the CentOS community, if
that's the case, and we all share the same privileges, where can I
download the current state of the rebuild, the build-process, the current
state of the changes ?

If this would be transparent, people would be able to help and improve the
process. At the moment the community is at mercy to any weaknesses in the
process for the security of their systems, held hostage by a handful of
(volunteer) developers.

I, for one, do not think it is normal existing user's security is 2 or 3
months at stake. Especially if there are people willing to help in this
regard and/or willing to roll their own if needed.