[CentOS-devel] progress?

Steve Meyers steve-centos at spamwiz.com
Fri Feb 18 17:50:51 UTC 2011

On 2/18/11 10:46 AM, Dag Wieers wrote:
> So the process doesn't scale, and everyone waiting for the next
> release or security update feels powerless to help there where it could be
> useful because the tools, the process and the changes are hidden.

I would like it if I had access to make my own build environment that is
the same as what CentOS uses, so I could get to know the process they
use better.  Then I would be able to start off by contributing patches
and such.  I don't have anywhere near the experience of Dag, but I've
done a lot of RPM building in my previous jobs.

Being able to replicate the process would help new people to get involved.

Steve