[CentOS-devel] progress?

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Fri Feb 18 18:19:47 UTC 2011

On 02/18/2011 06:50 PM, Steve Meyers wrote:
> On 2/18/11 10:46 AM, Dag Wieers wrote:
>> So the process doesn't scale, and everyone waiting for the next
>> release or security update feels powerless to help there where it could be
>> useful because the tools, the process and the changes are hidden.
>
> I would like it if I had access to make my own build environment that is
> the same as what CentOS uses, so I could get to know the process they
> use better.  Then I would be able to start off by contributing patches
> and such.  I don't have anywhere near the experience of Dag, but I've
> done a lot of RPM building in my previous jobs.
>
> Being able to replicate the process would help new people to get involved.

It has been said several times (but that would be useful to have it
described on the wiki though , and everybody agrees on that fact ...)
that the tools are the ones used by Fedora :
Plague : http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Plague
Mock : http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock

Fabian Arrotin