[CentOS-devel] Watch One, Do One, Teach One (the simple teaching method used in medical schools)

Larry Vaden vaden at texoma.net
Mon Feb 21 23:13:59 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 4:21 PM, Antaryami Khuda
<antaryamikhuda at gmail.com> wrote:
> PS #2:  Looking at your business website, it appears your "store" is low on
> product.  Perhaps you should concentrate on things that matter?

Ubiquiti runs out of product for 2 - 3 months at a time.  Disruptive
(a GOOD thing) projects like CentOS and companies like Ubiquiti often
see imbalances between supply and demand.

While a dry-as-a-bone distribution channel is not good for NEW
business, it is the old business (some subscribers have been with us
since 1995) that is most important.

Part of taking care of the old business is that our smallish farm of ~
30 servers running CentOS, FreeBSD and Windows Server operate well.

>From time to time, there are exploits announced that won't appear in
RHEL for up to a year or longer;  thus the need to graduate from
"watcher" to "doer."

Anyone can follow
<http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Network_Satellite/5.3/html/Deployment_Guide/satops-rpm-building.html>
or <http://www.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package> or
<http://www.owlriver.com/tips/non-root/> but Browning said “Ah, but a
man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?”

hth.

kind regards/ldv/vaden at texoma.net