[CentOS-devel] progress?

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Wed Feb 23 02:17:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 02:56:12AM +0100, Morten P.D. Stevens wrote:

> Just take the missing build dependencies from Fedora 12/13. Red Hat
> has probably done the same.

	"Just", "probably".  Do these types of guessing games work out
	well for you in your professional life?

> What are you waiting for @ CentOS team??? Until Red Hat released the
> missing build dependencies?

	Do you wake up in the morning thinking of how you can be the
	most selfish, arrogant and entitled jerk possible or is it
	something that comes to you on the spur of the moment?

> Then you can probably wait a long time.

	It's a shame that releases can't be done in a fully selective
	manner; if so I would plead with and bribe, if necessary, the
	CentOS developers to release to everyone *except* you.

	Here's a thought for you:

	How about you no longer comment in a project DEVELOPMENT channel
	on those subjects you aren't technically proficient enough to
	understand?  Even better, how about you just go away?  Go use
	another distro or attempt to build your own or buy Redhat or
	whatever you choose to do; it's quite apparent you aren't happy
	here and you likely won't ever be so go try something else.

							John
--
Much of what looks like rudeness in hacker circles is not intended to give
offense. Rather, it's the product of the direct, cut-through-the-bullshit