[CentOS-devel] progress?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Feb 24 22:52:13 UTC 2011

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> On 02/24/2011 09:34 PM, Dag Wieers wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Feb 2011, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>>
>>> Why isn't SL released yet ... why did Oracle only release it last week
>>> ... because it takes time and it is hard.
>>
>> Oracle released RHEL 5.6 on january 12th. Scientific Linux has a rolling
>> release since early february.
>
> Given that Red Hat released 5.6 on Jan 13th, its interesting that you
> say Oracle had their build out on the 12th.

I meant to say january 20th, another lapsus on my part:

     http://blogs.oracle.com/linux/2011/01/oracle_linux_56_now_available.html

> And I think its also quite clear that we don't really give a rat's ass
> about what Oracle or SciLinux are doing.

Then Johnny shouldn't have brought it up, should he ? I was simply filling
in the facts.

For those without a LWN subscription, the discussion was mentioned on LWN:

     http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/429364/d1bdc6e1e6e58d0b/

which, incidentally, is where I got that Oracle release date from.