[CentOS-devel] php53 / bind97

Athmane Madjoudj

athmanem at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 12:35:43 UTC 2011

On 02/01/2011 01:04 PM, Paulo Martinez wrote:

> What about php53-mcrypt? I remember that the sources are in php-
> extras, thought.
> Is this package centos specific? Where it come from? I would offer
> time to compile
> and test it on my systems (phpmyadmin complains about missing mcrypt).

I've tested phpMyAdmin 3.3.9 (check my emails in this thread) and it
doesn't complain about the missing php-mcrypt.

php53-mcrypt is not available in upstream (RHEL 5.6) too, it'll be the
same in CentOS 5.6 (maybe in testing like php-5.2)

Here is the statement of IUS Community Project about this issue:

http://iuscommunity.org/2010/11/10/rhel-5-6-and-php53/

Regards.

--
Athmane Madjoudj