[CentOS-devel] php-5.2.x needs adopting

js

jsh at interlug.net
Sat Feb 19 12:33:14 UTC 2011

Le 19/02/11 16:22, John R. Dennison a écrit :
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 04:01:17PM +0400, js wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The "main problem" with IUS repo for php5.2: too many deps.
> 	Please don't top-post.
>
> 	What "problem" are you seeing with IUS exactly?  I've got their
> 	5.2 running on a couple different server farms without any
> 	issues at all; same for their 5.3 for what it's worth.
>

> 							John
Hello too,

When you try to rebuild srpm using IUS srpm, you need to have a lot of
extra dependencies (oracle libs, freetds ..)
that's why i rebuild from RHWAS srpms.

If the problem is to maintain php from RHWAS, the IUS srpm is maybe not
a good solution.
If you only want binaries, ok IUS is perfect :)

Regards,

js