[CentOS-devel] CentOS-4.9 SRPMS

John R. Dennison

jrd at gerdesas.com
Sun Feb 20 00:00:43 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 05:52:40PM -0600, Larry Vaden wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Richard McClellan <richmc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> 1) it appears that the howto build information has been available all along
> 2) incomplete/incorrect SRPMS from upstream present the problems
> 3) the rest is challenging on a case by case basis (figuring out
> what's missing from the SRPM and putting said into the build root)
> 4) apparently even #3 is documented in bug reports to the upstream
> 5) all of this goes out the door and into the trash with RHEL 6

	And 5.7, and 4.9 and every other point release and every single update
	that comes down the pike from upstream.

	But for once I have to admit I agree with everything you've
	stated.  Thanks for the refreshing post.

							John
--
An age is called Dark not because the light fails to shine, but because
people refuse to see it.

-- James Albert Michener (1907-1997), novelist, Space (1982)