[CentOS-devel] CentOS-4.9 SRPMS

Nico Kadel-Garcia

nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 13:08:34 UTC 2011

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 11:27 PM, JohnS <jses27 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 2011-02-19 at 18:40 -0600, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>
>> Just for the record, we have several build machines.  They are currently
>> all CentOS-5 machines. At any point in time, the rpm version on our
>> current build machines is whatever the latest version is in CentOS 5 as
>> we run nightly updates on all our build servers against our CentOS tree.
>>
>> At this exact point in time, that would mean that the version of RPM on
>> our current build machines is 4.4.2.3-20.el5_5.1 ...
>>
>> On the inside of the mock build roots, it will be the latest version of
>> RPM for the version of centos that the build is being done for ... if
>> building a centos-4 package, it would currently be
>> 4.3.3-33_nonptl.el4_8.1, for centos 5 it would be the one listed above
>> (4.4.2.3-20.el5_5.1) and for centos 3 it would be rpm-4.2.3-32_nonptl.
>>
>> If we are building on a STAGED repo that contains a built RPM in the
>> repo (like building for 5.6, for example) then the inside the mock
>> buildroot would be the NEW version of RPM that is in 5.6.
>
> Thanks, non of the other antics were needed.  Question answered.  Close
> the thread.
>
> John

It's a good answer. But Johnny Hughes (as opposed to JohnS)? Can you
publish or provide source control access to those bootstrap tools
necessary to build the CentOS 6 staged environment? I can bootstrap a
test environment with those, but don't want to re-invent your
particular wheel. It would be particularly useful for pre-testing
patches for the existing bugs for folks like me who like to do that
sort of thing.