[CentOS-devel] Website Version 2, next steps

Ralph Angenendt

ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 23:42:04 UTC 2011

Am 20.02.11 20:25, schrieb Andrea Veri:
> Il giorno 18/feb/2011, alle ore 21.20, Ralph Angenendt ha scritto:
>> Am 18.02.11 18:23, schrieb Andrea Veri:
>>
>>> I agree with all the above. We just need to define which software to use
>>> and then we should just roll up our sleeves and start making this real.
>>>
>>> Will wait the next step.
>>
>> Next step is swapping ideas around on how we can make sure to get a
>> clean user database,
>
> Asking everyone to register again can be a working solution? :)

I am not sure. Not if we try to retain knowledge by keeping old forums
along.

>> on how to make a central management "console" for
>> that and on how to best plugin different applications into that.
>>

> why don't we simple use a normal LDAP istance?

You'd still need something where users can sign up/sign out/change things?

> and why don't we have
> a look at existing LDAP management consoles like Mango [1] or FAS?

See, that's why this asking around happens :) Not everybody does know
anything.

> Building one from scratch is definitely not an easy work, so it would be
> the best to use an existing and tested solutions.

If one can integrate them with what is there - sure, why not.

Ralph