[CentOS-devel] Can I do computation with giant integer in kernel?

Mon Feb 21 06:27:44 UTC 2011
YANG <youngyt at gmail.com>

I need compute some **polynomials using giant integer with power of numbers
perhaps. I found GMP library can do this in user mode. How about in kernel?
Is there any existing codes? Or, I should keep the computation in user mode
and use netlink to let kernel pass the task to application for computing and
wait for result asynchronously. But I worry about efficience by using this
method. Does it cause mode switch frequently, even on multi-core cpu chip?