[CentOS-devel] Ja oder nein: is cygwin-setup process a viable alternative to present day builds?

Sat Feb 19 03:35:41 UTC 2011
Larry Vaden <vaden at texoma.net>

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 9:01 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> 3) As far as I know Cygwin doesn't build locally. Stuff is built
> 'somewhere else' and then cygwin-setup downloads the archives, unpacks
> them, and installs it into \cygwin.

You are correct about that, something I just learned. See below the sig.

That leaves Gentoo's process as the only other one with which I am
familiar as a _potential_ candidate for a compatible release in a
greatly reduced amount of time.

thanks/ldv/vaden at texoma.net

---for brevity, just enough to show that Stephen knows of which he speaks :)

vaden at turtlehill:~/which$ bzcat which-2.20-2.tar.bz2 | tar xvf -
usr/
usr/bin/
usr/bin/which.exe