[CentOS-devel] CentOS-4.9 SRPMS

Sat Feb 19 22:55:54 UTC 2011
Manuel Wolfshant <wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro>

On 02/20/2011 12:13 AM, JohnS wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-02-19 at 22:53 +0200, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

>>> Here's a start:
>>>
>>> rpm -qa|grep rpm from the actual build machine.
>> the output of the above command is completely useless. yum install mock
>> will take you to the exact situation that you need.
> That is exactly what I call bs!  I suppose will be useless when others
> try to replicate Johnies configs.  God help them.  The fact is what is
> true is very true, people want to Replicate the BUILDS.  You do not have
> all the info you will never unless you hack it all out by your self.  It
> is not sitting in a car and putting it in drive like some would want you
> to think.  What the hell maby "lzma" will attach to a few peoples built
> binaries then they want install.
     The packages installed on the "hosting" machine are completely
irrelevant when the actual build is taking place in mock. If I were to
show you the output of rpm -qa on my builder you would probably cry
"murder" because I have NEVER used centos on that machine. I have used
Fedora 7, Fedora 10, now it's a RHEL 6. And I have always used mock (
with different configs, of course ) to build for everything from RHEL 3
to RHEL6 and for Fedora since F7 to the current rawhide. So once again,
I reiterate what I have said: the output of rpm -qa on the builder is
completely irrelevant. Actually the whole config of the machine is
irrelevant as long as mock can be used. Even more, Johnny Hughes has
shown you the actual mock configs to be used for a start.
     What you probably want to learn is "how to add packages to mock's
build root so as to satisfy the build requires when the spec file is
incorrect and does not include all the BRs which are actually needed".
And I have answered this very problem a couple of hours ago.
     OTOH, if you still have not understood what has been told and you
still think that your request is legitimate, you need to take a step
back and start by learning about mock. Even if you still think that
we're bs*ing you.