[CentOS-devel] progress?

Sun Feb 20 05:22:27 UTC 2011
Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com>

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 11:58 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
> On 02/19/2011 10:27 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

>> Or do you see something I don't?
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2011-February/006775.html

CentOS 5, not the existing CentOS 6 infrastructure.

> http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General/RebuildReleaseProcess

Handwaving with mock. Got it.

> http://www.karan.org/blog/index.php/2010/07/16/rpms-built-on-el6beta2-might-have-an-issue-with-centos-older-than-6

More informative, but also entirely CentOS 5. There are some subtle
distinctions for CentOS 6, especially for a bootstrapping process.

I'd appreciate, as a programmer, some access to the already patched
.spec files and replaced component tree. In particular, the new .spec
policies of building documentation packages as "noarch" cause serious
awkwardness with the RHEL 5 RPM packages. Recreating or personally
reconstructing the bootstrap is as awkward now as it was for gcc, 20
years ago. I'd prefer not to burn my engineering time re-inventing
that particular wheel.

As it is, we're in the position of asking where the matches are kept
so we can help with the wienie roast, and those notes tell us where to
dig for sulfur to put on the matchheads. Not helpful, really, even
though I've actually done that myself in the past.