[CentOS-devel] progress?

Mon Feb 21 01:21:56 UTC 2011
Steve Meyers <steve-centos at spamwiz.com>

On 2/20/11 12:03 PM, Fabian Arrotin wrote:
> I know i've already said that in that thread (but a lot of people have
> 'echoed' their own answers too, right ?:-)  ) but i've had personally
> the case where people were asking to 'help the project' and when they
> were pointed to either improving the website, translate the wiki,
> chasing after potential banding issues, etc, etc .. the only answer i've
> got*multiple*  times was "no, i'm not interested in doing that : i just
> want to rebuild packages" .. so each time it proved me that such people
> aren't interested in helping the project as a whole, but instead just
> want to focus on build issues. I'm really wondering (and still*my*
> opinion) if those people are interested in CentOS as a project, or just
> want to 'suck' some build scripts (which are just wrappers around
> mock/plague as stated so much times in that thread) to produce their own
> respins.

Does rebuilding packages not count as helping the project?  If the
release speed is seen as the biggest problem with the project, why do
you assume ulterior motives for people who want to help out with the effort?

For goodness sake, it's an open source project.  Who cares if the
occasional person wants to produce their own respin.

Steve Meyers