[CentOS-devel] progress?

Mon Feb 21 18:05:05 UTC 2011

On 02/21/2011 05:58 PM, Steve Meyers wrote:
> As I mentioned, I didn't have time then, so I probably didn't pay
> attention as much.  I don't think having instructions on the mailing
> list is sufficient, though.  While it is technically all "out there", it
> is difficult to wade through the rest of the list just to find the 2-3
> messages that have the information you need.  To me, that seems to be a
> perfect case for using the wiki.

by design, we were not looking for people new to the process and to
CentOS. We were focusing on people who have been on this list for a
significant portion of time, people who understand the wider goals. And
there are hundreds of them.

Within CentOS - there are always going to be areas for people to get
involved in, one of which is the distro. And for the distro, there would
almost always need to be some level of publicly acknowledged visibility
in the communities; thats how things stand at the moment, and I dont see
any reason why that needs to or should change in the short term. For
specific tasks that can be fan'd out I am sure that we will make every
effort to do that. And that should be totally optimized towards anyone /
everyone - with zero conditions attached.

- KB