[CentOS-devel] Missing security updates [Was: Re: progress?]

Mon Feb 21 19:58:02 UTC 2011
Jeff Johnson <n3npq at mac.com>

On Feb 21, 2011, at 2:50 PM, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:

> On Mon, 2011-02-21 at 20:44 +0100, Leonard den Ottolander wrote:
>> libuser-0.52.5-1.1.el4_8.1.src.rpm
>> (https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2011-0170.html),
>
> The correct SRPM for 5 being: libuser-0.54.7-2.1.el5_5.2.src.rpm ,
> CentOS-4 actually is up to date wrt this update.

Updates for both RHEL and CentOS are dead fish in a barrel on the web.

Why not set up a web page listing any packages
that RHEL has that CentOS does not?

Endless recitations of out-of-date and available are
just a foggy blur, lacking even US Homeland security
	BLUE <-> GREEN <-> PURPLE <-> LAVENDAR <->
color coding to minimize info overload.

For extra credit:
	Calculate and display the lag between RHEL <-> CentOS releasing.

And for those who simply MUST_BASH_CENTOS:
	mark all CentOS deficiencies in *BLINKING* RED 48pt type

It likely isn't an enormous amount of PHP to get that job done.
Alas C, not PHP, here, until I get to the RPM+PHP embedding todo++.

hth

73 de Jeff