[CentOS-devel] progress?

Tue Feb 22 18:16:46 UTC 2011
Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com>

On 02/20/2011 02:16 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
>   If I publish it, then that helps other people
> like Oracle or whomever, build the upstream product.  Have any of you
> considered what potential impact the CentOS relationship with the
> upstream provider might suffer if we started publishing things that are
> negative?

Oh.  My previous comment was sent before I noticed this other branch of
this thread on the archives.  Having read this now, my suggestion of
publishing 'BRPM' type files would not make sense, if a goal of the
CentOS project is to prevent potential downstreams (i.e. spins).

That's not open-source-cool in my book, but I didn't mean to be tilting
at windmills on this list.

-Bill

--
Bill McGonigle, Owner
BFC Computing, LLC
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Social networks: bill_mcgonigle/bill.mcgonigle