[CentOS-devel] progress?

Wed Feb 23 10:59:28 UTC 2011

Hi Dag,

On 02/23/2011 10:01 AM, Dag Wieers wrote:
> No they can not. The bottom line is, people can try to reverse engineer
> the process CentOS is using, but they may never be sure it's like what
> CentOS did. So your statement is incorrect.

I am not sure how to say this any other way, its been said many times
over and over again : we dont use any super magic juice anywhere, its
mostly just mock in a for loop. Lets assume that there still exists some
fear and doubt somewhere about the process in exact terms.

then lets take up the conversation on list where I said that once 6 is
our of the door, I'll document what and how things worked for the build
process ( including the pause's and why they took place. Would that
remove some of this FUD layers ?

> Hence my joke that the 'C' in CentOS actually means Closed.

I dont agree, if you said 'C' in CentOS is mispelled 'Slower than
ideal', I'd agree :)

> That said, if CentOS wants it this way they sure have every right to do it
> like this. But it would be nice to state that upfront.

Propose a wording snippet ?

- KB