[CentOS-devel] progress?

Wed Feb 23 11:39:34 UTC 2011
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

Larry Vaden wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 8:19 PM, John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 08:17:11PM -0600, Larry Vaden wrote:
>>> At the same time, this sub-thread would have been much shorter if you
>>> had made the pictures much earlier.  Private emails from well informed
>>> sources have suggested that _several_ platforms are used).
>>        You're another one.  You're about as technically competent as a
>>        garden gnome.  Can you please stop polluting this list with your
>>        rampant prattle and noise?  Please?  I'd even be willing to pay
>>        you to just go the hell away.
>>

>>                                                        John
>> --
>> We only think when we are confronted with problems.
>>
>> -- John Dewey (1859-1952), American philosopher, educator
>
> John, Will Rogers was right;  I think every time you want to call
> someone ignorant, you should point out one of your own ignorances and
> reduce you sig line count by one each time also, so that you are
> eventually in compliance with list guidelines about sig length.  e.g.,
> if you could redact/modify the above post, you would only need to
> utter 4 things about which about which you are as ignorant as you
> claim several of us are.  Or, maybe you are a little fascist
> practicing to be a big Fascist.  In America, the majority (> 50%)
> rules; in Ralph's Germany, you need 5% (as the Green Party knows so
> well) to have representation.

More precise would be to say:

In America, the majority (> 50%) of those voting (36%-56%) rules.

So essentially 18%-28% should rule. When you add that big companies are
allowed to legally lobby (Only in America?) for their profit (and recent
          lobbying affairs), and the fact that no one has access to
examine the code of the software calculating votes (so software company
can change the code to show what ever they want and in doing so change
the results of election) and there is no paper trail, it turns out that
in fact tiny minority rules in America. Australia is another matter.
Voting there is compulsory and voter turnout is always ~95%. Sorry to
burst your bubble on this one.

And you are absolutely ignorant (or at least perceived in this way) when
it comes to package/distro building/recompiling. I can understand if you
want to learn, but your way of learning is not productive, just extremly
irritant. You need to burst your bubble of misconceptions and start over
by first questioning every stand you have with thorough research before
you accept it. It can be scary, but also a lot of fun, from first hand
self-questioning experience I've had so far.

Ljubomir