[CentOS-devel] Website Version 2, next steps

Thu Feb 24 10:14:13 UTC 2011

Hi,

On 02/23/2011 09:03 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>> Adopting static pages can be hard to maintain for a team, yet another vcs to
>> push stuff to. But anyway I am open to any idea, my main interest is to change
>> things making the current website a bit more useful and nice.

I am wondering if a critical bit of info isnt clear or missing.
Expanding on the original email the idea was :

- Split all user contributed and distro specific stuff to the wiki,
leaving the website as a first-point-of-reference and a link
amalgamation into various resources. With all app and generated content
being hosted behind www.c.o; the forums etc would move wherever they
need to, if they need to - its not related to the website.

Now, the issue as to why I *think*, and might be wrong, is that apart
from the homepage and perhaps a few other pages, the content behind the
website is going to all come from python / perl / php apps (scripts ?),
at the moment, and I can quite imagine a bit of ruby making an entrance
soon.

Also, when I say homepage and a few more pages, it *might* be that
count(few more pages) = 0;

- KB