[CentOS-devel] are there any chances to see finished CentOS6 in 2011?

William Boyle woboyle at ieee.org
Thu Jan 6 17:49:41 UTC 2011

I would be happy to help/test/whatever also. I have an 8 core Intel
workstation currently running CentOS 5.5 (w/ Plus kernel). I also have
a spare hot-swap system drive to install and test version 6 on, or I
can run it in a virtual machine under 5.5. FWIW, Scientific Linux 6 is
currently available in beta form. If I can't get CentOS 6 at least in
a beta form pdq, then I may be switching to SL instead. Since my wife
is a physicist on the computing division staff at FermiLab, at least I
know who to gripe at when problems arise! Of course, that doesn't mean
she'll listen/respond to them... :-)

Bill Boyle
Chairman, Chicago-Rockford IEEE Consultant's Network