[CentOS-devel] Is there a "mock" setup or downloadable list of tweaked packages for testing CentOS 6 builds?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jan 6 22:33:49 UTC 2011

> I do. I'm urging an upgrade for the benefit of other mock users still
> using CentOS's package, unaware of the benefits of the EPEL release,
> and for the benefits of the CentOS repository build procedures.

CentOS-4 and 5 are built using the mock-0.6 packages, thats unlikely to
change unless there is a good reason - speed / performance wins on
desktop machines with low resource levels are are not a good reason.
Sticking with the process that works and does what it needs to in a
reliable manner is worth a lot more. Of course, there are things that
are important from the distro perspective, you are welcome to use
whatever your site preferences might be.

For CentOS-6, yes were going to clearly need a more recent mock. If you
are building for c6 now, use the epel packages that should be a good
base to develop from.

- KB