[CentOS-devel] are there any chances to see finished CentOS6 in 2011?

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Jan 6 22:46:52 UTC 2011

Hi Florian,

On 01/05/2011 10:18 PM, Florian La Roche wrote:
> could the build logs be made available to look at? That way people with

Yes, that can happen. As promised way back in Nov - we should all get
together and thrash out how as-much-as-possible can be public with some
sort of queue visibility. But at the moment, I feel its important to
crack on with the major agenda of getting C6 out of the door.

> I'd be especially interested to hear how you want to set the perl vendor path
> within C6. Scientific Linux stays very close to upstream and depends on each

Well, we try and match what Red Hat puts out ( has been argued in the
past that we are more pedantic about that than anyone else around, not
sure if that situation has changed recently ).

> Are all items besides the branding issues set in stone and finished already?

no, not as yet. The actual distro compile ( iso build / install tree
build ) has not happened as yet. Given that we do actually have a fair
few people working through the code at this moment, I think its
important we give them a few days to get through that. Depending on what
the situation is, lets play for a distro build early next week.

- KB