[CentOS-devel] wallpapers

Cia Watson ciamarie at my180.net
Sun Jan 9 18:07:55 UTC 2011

On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 12:46:46 +0100
Athmane Madjoudj <athmanem at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 01/09/2011 05:00 AM, Cia Watson wrote:
> > On Sun, 09 Jan 2011 01:22:09 +0100
> > Ralph Angenendt<ralph.angenendt at gmail.com>  wrote:
> >
> >> Am 09.01.11 00:33, schrieb Cia Watson:
> >> I'm not sure about the 6, it sticks out a bit, but that's not a
> >> real complaint.
> >
> > Thanks for the feedback. I should have compared the icon images on
> > the wiki artwork page a little more closely. I thought that using
> > an xpm image on the original would be better than using a png, but
> > that wasn't the case. I just uploaded revised files.
> >
> > I had the 6 stick out a bit so that it wouldn't look as if it's
> > part of the official logo, since it's a version number and all. It
> > can be moved if need be ...
> >
> > Cia W
>
> Here some of my thoughts:
>
> 1. The logo border are not well rendered.
> 2. 6 can be written with the official centos font : [1]
> 3. the version with pattern is really ugly, it doesn't look modern.
>
> [1]
> http://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Fonts#head-19ea6e03a5bda7beb28ecb11993f632a02389295

being well rendered is for the 1st or 2nd file? Is that for the icon
with corners? If it's for the 2nd file, there's not much I can do as I
got both files for the icon from the artwork wiki. I don't have the
expertise to re-work it from scratch. I used the 200 px image and
reduced it to 125x125.

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4699 which uses the Denmark font for
the '6' version number. I had to do a bit of searching to find the
font, it wasn't in the Debian repo's. I attempted to emboss it and the
result wasn't good. Also attempted to match the color of the CentOS
type but with the 6 being flat and the other type being raised, it
didn't look right to me. So I left it as a dark purple.

Personally I prefer the 2nd upload (co6bg1a-1.jpg) with the glossy
italic 6, even though the font may not be technically correct, and it
may not look 'modern' enough. (?)

If someone would like the 14.5mb xcf file (just compressed to 2.7mb) to
make your own revisions, please send a private email and I'll send it
along. (If several people want it I may upload it to my website and
send along a download link...)

Cheers,  Cia