[CentOS-devel] A new look for CentOS (was Re: Italian Translation Team)

Marcus Moeller marcus.moeller at gmx.ch
Fri Jan 28 13:18:45 UTC 2011

Dear Andrea (and the other new faces showing up :)).

>> On 01/28/2011 11:29 AM, Athmane Madjoudj wrote:
>>>
>>> Ok, then we need to setup a CentOS specific repo for Drupal with some
>>> modules (that depend on the needs of CentOS webmasters) and phpBB, to
>>> make update easier.
>>
>> Whats wrong with typo3 ?
>>
>> Is the decision here for Drupal being made on the basis of 'we know
>> drupal' or is it a case of 'drupal is the best option'. I dont see
>> arguments being made either way.
>
> for me it is a case of 'we know drupal'. I've been using it for some time now
> plus I'm working on another drupal istance for the Fedora insight team. (and
> we are making up some nice docs about the installation process and the modules
> needed etc.)

First thanks for beeing interested in the WebsiteV2 project. I would
like to invite you to take a look at the following wiki pages:

http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/forums
http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/UnifyAuthentication

This is what we have already done:

http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/forums/newbb_to_phpbb

Now we are in need of a little user management frontend to let ppl
register their accounts to the LDAP servers.

This would also be possible with existing solutions, e.g. with a CMS
that is capable of LDAP user management.

Depending of your skills, please either evaluate LDAP capabilities of
common CMS systems or help us coding a user creation frontend.

Kind Regards
Marcus