[CentOS-devel] A new look for CentOS (was Re: Italian Translation Team)

Athmane Madjoudj athmanem at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 14:12:17 UTC 2011

On 01/28/2011 02:18 PM, Marcus Moeller wrote:
> Dear Andrea (and the other new faces showing up :)).

>>> Whats wrong with typo3 ?
>>>
>>> Is the decision here for Drupal being made on the basis of 'we know
>>> drupal' or is it a case of 'drupal is the best option'. I dont see
>>> arguments being made either way.
>>
>> for me it is a case of 'we know drupal'. I've been using it for some time now
>> plus I'm working on another drupal istance for the Fedora insight team. (and
>> we are making up some nice docs about the installation process and the modules
>> needed etc.)
>
> First thanks for beeing interested in the WebsiteV2 project. I would
> like to invite you to take a look at the following wiki pages:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/forums
> http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/UnifyAuthentication
>
> This is what we have already done:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/forums/newbb_to_phpbb
>
> Now we are in need of a little user management frontend to let ppl
> register their accounts to the LDAP servers.
>
> This would also be possible with existing solutions, e.g. with a CMS
> that is capable of LDAP user management.
>
> Depending of your skills, please either evaluate LDAP capabilities of
> common CMS systems or help us coding a user creation frontend.

IMHO, LDAP authentication is better in case when ifra-team needs to
deploy a new web app (eg: Bugzilla, Asterisk (VoIP) etc...).

Most of modern web app are compatible with LDAP auth directly or through
an extensions.

Drupal already has LDAP integration modules [1] for LDAP authentication
and groups, also there is other module [2] for user registration process
that create the same user in LDAP servers and Drupal users tables.

I've never deployed a such solution however I'll try this scenarios in a
CentOS VM, It'll take some time because I'm not very familiar with LDAP
servers (both OpenLDAP and 389/Fedora Directory Server)

[1] http://drupal.org/project/ldap_integration
[2] http://drupal.org/project/ldap_provisioning

Regards.

--