[CentOS-devel] Closing out CentOS 6 Bugs

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jan 5 11:42:00 UTC 2011

Hi John,

On 01/05/2011 11:40 AM, JohnS wrote:
> Karanbir,
>
> Can you look into closing out the bugs that can be closed etc?

Yes, I will try and get to that either today or early in the day tomorrow.

> Can also [1,2] be looked into to confirm package depends on abrt /
> report (hidden gotchas).  Look at the example spec file at the changes
> that are required and the level of them that the Application Backend
> will have to support.  Is there someone that can take on the App Server
> end?
>
> Also needed to know if you are symlinking from "redhat-release" to
> "centos-release" or not.  That depends on how other packages need to be
> patched, ie "lsb_release".

I am keen on looking at using a centos-release with a link over from
redhat-release, but lets consider / look at the implications and
fallouts before deciding on something for sure. There should not be any
reason to patch redhat-lsb; whatever we do should not, ideally, have any
impact on code and expectations from other apps ( specially since there
might be implications to third party apps that we cant / dont want to
have a feedback loop into )

What do you see as needing patched into redhat_lsb, that would fallout
from the to-symlink or not-to-symlink decision ?