[CentOS-devel] are there any chances to see finished CentOS6 in 2011?

Les Mikesell

lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 15:57:19 UTC 2011

On 1/5/2011 9:34 AM, Timo Schoeler wrote:

> thus Les Mikesell spake:
>> On 1/5/2011 6:45 AM, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>>> But lets do the right
>>> thing rather than just doing something. Going by the popularist current
>>> mood of people on this list, I think people just want early access to a
>>> codebase they can start using for their own use...
>>
>> I thought that was the very definition of an open process...
>
> What came to my mind on my way home from the office: Maybe Karanbir has
> a different definition of 'community' (wasn't that what the 'C' in
> 'CentOS' was for?) in mind...?

I do understand the conflict, just pointing out the other side.  The
goal for Centos isn't so much to build a 'better' distro by accumulating
fixes that make it better for particular purposes as it is to build as
nearly exact a copy of RHEL as legally permitted.  But community
involvement happens because people need to fix something for their own use.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com