[CentOS-devel] Am I qualified to help?

Karanbir Singh

mail-lists at karan.org
Wed Jan 5 20:54:33 UTC 2011

On 01/05/2011 08:32 PM, Hubert Bahr wrote:
> What qualifications does it take to help?

Mostly just common sense and a good understanding about CentOS and how
things work. If you have tracked a few releases like 5.4 / 5.5, and know
how things fall into place and where - thats about all the qualification
one *needs*. But you will be more productive with rpm knowledge.

> If you think I can help, please let me know how.

I am sure you can - there are a fair few request for patchs' in the
bugs.c.o interface, those pkgs are going to need patches :) I am going
to start from one end, if you want to pickup any specific ones, feel
free to do so. Also the code / branding audit isnt really quite done as
yet. So thats another option to start with

- KB