[CentOS-devel] are there any chances to see finished CentOS6 in 2011?

Florian La Roche

Florian.LaRoche at gmx.net
Wed Jan 5 22:18:27 UTC 2011

> > open all src.rpm and copy out from them.
>
> all srpms built so far are available on ftp.redhat.com.
>
> > can anybody easily browse the build system? can anybody easily browse
> > the build log files like in case of fedora koji very useful when
> > someone like to debug a build or find a problem and even try to fix
>
> the buildsystem isnt public, its not going to be. As I had said a few
> months back we can work on some process to make some info from the
> system available publicly - but thats not something we want to look at
> before c6 is out of the door. There is a fair bit of work needed to make

Hello KB,

could the build logs be made available to look at? That way people with
knowledge could look if the builds look sane that you want to include within
C6, but still no binary rpms would get out if you (or some unknown CentOS board)
want to keep it that way for the release process.

I'd be especially interested to hear how you want to set the perl vendor path
within C6. Scientific Linux stays very close to upstream and depends on each
upstream rpm on how that is set. Do you change rpms that don't rebuild cleanly or also
stay as close as possible on upstream rpms plus also their binary rpms?

> that happen, and I feel spending the open-source time we all have (
> remember that none of us do this as a day job ) is better spent working
> on that target at this time.
>
> Farkas, the point that you seem to prefer to always ignore is that there
> is a process in place, and we would really like to stick with that. If
> you want an upstream you can track and work inside, checkout Fedora that
> might be more to your liking.

Are all items besides the branding issues set in stone and finished already?

regards,

Florian La Roche