[CentOS-devel] Am I qualified to help?

Morten Torstensen

morten at mortent.org
Sat Jan 8 19:38:41 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 8:30 PM, Hubert Bahr <hab at hbahr.org> wrote:
> I interpret this statement to say, "if the upstream binary package is
> buggy, CentOS must provide the same bugs."
> Personally I was hoping this would not be the case.

Has to be like that, because CentOS must be binary compatible!
Sometimes applications depend on a bug to work. If you fix it, then
application behaviour would be different on CentOS than on upstream.
That cannot be!

Of course, if CentOS crew finds a bug, it should be reported to the
upstream vendor, and when it is fixed it will be fixed in CentOS too.

--
//Morten
//morten at mortent.org