[CentOS-devel] A new look for CentOS (was Re: Italian Translation Team)

Andrea Veri

av at gnome.org
Fri Jan 28 13:43:58 UTC 2011

Il giorno 28/gen/2011, alle ore 14.18, Marcus Moeller ha scritto:

> First thanks for beeing interested in the WebsiteV2 project. I would
> like to invite you to take a look at the following wiki pages:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/forums
> http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/UnifyAuthentication
>
> This is what we have already done:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/WebsiteVer2/forums/newbb_to_phpbb
>
> Now we are in need of a little user management frontend to let ppl
> register their accounts to the LDAP servers.
>
> This would also be possible with existing solutions, e.g. with a CMS
> that is capable of LDAP user management.
>
> Depending of your skills, please either evaluate LDAP capabilities of
> common CMS systems or help us coding a user creation frontend.

I do know that drupal got ldap support. As said before we use it to run
the Fedora's Insight team website. (permissions and users are located
into the FAS system, which is an ldap interface in the end)

Have a look at http://drupal.org/project/ldap_integration, i guess this is
what we are looking for since starting to code a new ldap interface
won't be that easy. (we use mango in GNOME for this duty [1])

cheers,

[1] http://git.gnome.org/browse/mango/tree/