[CentOS-devel] A new look for CentOS (was Re: Italian Translation Team)

Athmane Madjoudj

athmanem at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 18:25:49 UTC 2011

On 01/30/2011 06:57 PM, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Am 28.01.11 12:47, schrieb Athmane Madjoudj:
>> Typo3 is more enterprise oriented (the same for: eZ publish),
>>
>> Quote from Type3 website: (URL: http://typo3.org/about/new-to-typo3/)
>>
>> "TYPO3 is a very huge and capable system and it cannot be fully learned
>> in a week! TYPO3 will always have a long learning curve for developers."
>>
>> IMHO, Drupal is easier to use and maintain for a community website, the
>> other alternative can be Joomla!.
>
> Both known for regular security issues (that's why I want to have
> software which is updated through packaged channels - we do have the
> same problem with xoops).
>
> Ah and yes: If someone wants to suggest that - xoops is out :)

IMHO, we should first begin with migration of the forum (xoops bb ->
phpBB), make a theme for phpBB (I like much more the centos wiki theme)
and then think about CMS (or web framework) for website.

Also I've noticed that the website is modified once per new CentOS
release, so it's possible to drop CMS requirement and use plain
HTML/CSS/JS(jquery ...), AFAIK other distro website (Fedora, openSuSE)
run like that.

http://www.opensuse.org/en/
http://fedoraproject.org/

PS.

Hat off to the graphic design of the centos wiki.

Regards.
--
Athmane Madjoudj