[CentOS-devel] A new look for CentOS (was Re: Italian Translation Team)

Ralph Angenendt

ralph.angenendt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 21:31:21 UTC 2011

Am 31.01.11 19:07, schrieb Phil Schaffner:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote on 01/30/2011 12:41 PM:
>> Yes. Especially as not all of them can be weeded out via database access
>> easily, either. We did that with lots of accounts, but that didn't
>> really help in the long run.
>
> I was thinking of using some mechanism like captcha - not perfect, as I
> understand that it can sometimes be defeated by a sophisticated bot. but
> would probably help a lot.

I've looked into a sane solution for xoops and only found plugins which
you needed for a) comments, b) forums, c) ... - so every place you could
enter information has its own captcha :/

A real integrated solution needs the newest xoops installation (if that
is out of beta now).

>>> Similar concerns apply to the Wiki - Seamless migration of existing
>>> content, and an easy path for contributors to continue their work, while
>>> preventing bad guys from doing damage.
>>
>> I really wouldn't touch the wiki stuff, except of upgrading to a new
>> version, maybe, once I can figure out a *working* way to do that. The
>> moin migration scripts aren't that hot.
>
> My misunderstanding there - thought a new Wiki was being contemplated as
> well.

No, just maybe getting wiki accounts into LDAP as well. Although the
user names on there are completely different.

Cheers,

Ralph