[CentOS-devel] rhel-6 rebuild summary

Hubert Bahr

hab at hbahr.org
Mon Jan 3 07:33:23 UTC 2011

Farkas Levente wrote:
> hi,
> i write this mail after more people ask me in private. and since the
> centos core devel team not share any info about it's build system,
> status, there modifications, doesn't have any public revision system
> and not really accept any help or advice for outside.
> but i still believe these are useful info for many others so i try to
> summarize our rhel-6 rebuild experience.
>
> - nss
> can't be rebuild in mock since during %check try to connect to the
> localhost to test ssl, but it's not working in mock. i suggest the above
> solution plus ctrl-c during the rpmbuild when the build hang at the ssl
> connection test and after the you'll got a successful build:-)

In an earlier reply I indicated that instead of a hang the build
indicated 5 errors.  I changed the spec file to allow up to 5 errors and
it completed the build.
so now I am down to one unbuilt src.rpm
> and the remaining packages has different problems in the spec file, but
> all has (mostly a simple) solution in bz, but doesn't have update package:
>
> - linuxdoc-tools

This is it.  I am afraid I am extremely rusty on spec files and while I
tried to follow the bz instructions, I don't know whether I improved
things or made them worse.  While I managed to get rid of the not found
errors, I ended up with a long list of unpackaged files.  Could I get a
copy of your spec file for linuxdoc-tools or a diff/patch file from the
distribution spec.

Thanks
Hubert