[CentOS-devel] are there any chances to see finished CentOS6 in 2011?

Thomas Bendler

ml at bendler-net.de
Wed Jan 5 16:12:12 UTC 2011

2011/1/5 Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

> [...]
> I do understand the conflict, just pointing out the other side.  The
> goal for Centos isn't so much to build a 'better' distro by accumulating
> fixes that make it better for particular purposes as it is to build as
> nearly exact a copy of RHEL as legally permitted.  But community
> involvement happens because people need to fix something for their own use.

It's not that much fixing to make a better distribution, to do this kind of
work an own repository is in 99% sufficient. It's more a question of how can
people help to make an earlier CentOS 6 release date happen. But this means
somehow access to the current build process or at least access to the logs
to see what packages still make problems for what reason. Otherwise help
from other people is impossible ...

Kind regards, Thomas