[CentOS-devel] are there any chances to see finished CentOS6 in 2011?

Timo Schoeler

timo.schoeler at riscworks.net
Thu Jan 6 08:40:23 UTC 2011

thus Karanbir Singh spake:
> On 01/05/2011 03:34 PM, Timo Schoeler wrote:
>> What came to my mind on my way home from the office: Maybe Karanbir has
>> a different definition of 'community' (wasn't that what the 'C' in
>> 'CentOS' was for?) in mind...?
>
> wow, that is so stupid.

Karanbir, your soft skills are just phantastic! That's what I call 'art
of debating things'. I hope you can see the irony in these lines.

> What do you think you are doing here on this list ? what do you think is
> your association with CentOS ?

In the past I was hoping to 'help', as I started a decade ago on NetBSD,
especially the macppc port.

> do you use it ?

No, I just sit here and stare at hundreds of hosts running CentOS. I
don't use it.

> if so, you are a part of
> the community already.

You definition of 'community' is rather interesting. I found that even
what wikipedia quotes is more realistic:

"(...) In human communities, intent, belief, resources, preferences,
needs, risks, and a number of other conditions may be present and
common, affecting the identity of the participants and their degree of
cohesiveness. (...)"

So, from your point of view, you use water (as you drink it). Welcome to
the water community. That's hilarious.

> None ever said it was BUILT by a bunch of random
> driveby community members. Its built for a community and around a community.
>
> Timo, I suggest you take a step back - the idea and process of CentOS
> clearly eludes you. Its worth getting in touch with those, specially if
> you want to be constructively contributing.

Karanbir, you still didn't get the point.

People were asking about the very principle of development of open
source software.

Waste of time, that is.