[CentOS-devel] wallpapers

Cia Watson

ciamarie at my180.net
Sat Jan 8 23:33:37 UTC 2011

On Wed, 05 Jan 2011 09:59:53 +0000
Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> On 01/04/2011 09:28 PM, Troy Dawson wrote:
> > So in short.  I believe both Scientific Linux and CentOS have to
> > change the default background.
>
> That's pretty much what I had come up with as well, and CentOS-6 will
> indeed have different wallpapers.
>
> Having said that - if anyone wants to create new / alternative
> wallpaper's, feel free to do so and submit them up via
> bugs.centos.org; no reason why we cant have multiple options!

I just submitted a couple of wallpapers for consideration, I thought
maybe I should send an email so folks can comment or whatever you do
with this sort of thing.

The first one is:
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4699  an the 2nd one is:
http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4700

The first one has a textured (pattern) and the 2nd one is the same
thing with the pattern made 'invisible'. I created a separate jpg of
both. The Gimp xcf file is 14.5mb, and I can easily make
minor modifications. They're both the same size as the 'default'
wallpaper in CentOS 5.5, i.e. 2048 x 1536 px.

I'm not a pro, but I rather like the result. I
even had it sitting on my LMDE desktop for a few hours (on a 19"
1440x900 Acer lcd monitor).

Cheers,

Cia W