[CentOS-devel] are there any chances to see finished CentOS6 in 2011?

Wed Jan 5 15:23:57 UTC 2011
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Wednesday, January 05, 2011 05:31:48 am Karanbir Singh wrote:
> Absolutely, but tackle them by doing the right thing - and finding
> people who both (a) know what they are doing, (b) understand the CentOS
> process and (c) are able to bring a certain trust level to the community
> of users.

Good morning, Karanbir.

I've watched this thread, but kept my mouth shut since like many I just don't have time to help like I would like to; and I'm not going to criticise the development or the development process if I'm not able to help, obviously.  I'm just thrilled and thankful you guys are doing this, and doing great work doing it.

I would, however, add an item to your list, having said that: (d) have sufficient and reliable time availability to help.  Although that is somewhat implied by your item (c) above, I believe anyone that plans to really get their hands dirty and help out needs a realistic expectation of the time commitment that is involved (when I maintained the PostgreSQL RPMs, I found that, even with just one package set to maintain, the time commitment was substantial, and was mostly spent doing user support....).

Just my twopence.