[CentOS-devel] 5.6 impact on 6.0 Release plan

Fri Jan 14 10:28:05 UTC 2011

On 01/14/2011 07:23 AM, David Hrbáč wrote:
> so the C5 process is fairly clear and should be simple and quick. 21
> days to release might be enough and I guess now it the time to
> internally set some deadline.
> 1st week - build process

For c5, that might be more than whats needed - but lets assume that
things take a week to resolve because we are also working with the c6
package. We should be able to get an iso set for 5.6.build1

> 2dn week - QA/rebuild iteration

This is the bit that's hard to put a time on, the QA guys dont seem to
like being time box'd in; having said that most of them seem to agree
that since their own process are well rehearsed at this time, it should
be a lot faster than the c6 stack.

> One more thing, I can remember a lot of people willing to help don't
> want to use IRC.

That is an issue for the time being, using irc is just so much quicker
and more productive at the moment. Ideally, getting some sort of an
webapp together that lets people coordinate in an async manner would be
the way to go, but having tried quite a few of them we didn't really
come up with anything that we could use out of the box. I know that
Steve has been working on the open-atrium install, but it might still be
a few months before we can use it for a proper release yet.

- KB