[CentOS-devel] A new look for CentOS (was Re: Italian Translation Team)

Fri Jan 28 11:28:14 UTC 2011

On 01/28/2011 11:25 AM, Andrea Veri wrote:
> absolutely +1 to start from fresh content to avoid any issue now and

I'm not sure about the fresh content thing. Atleast the base, the
comments and urls that get traffic now need to be retained. Part of it
might be a large redirect pool, but whatever.

> in the future. As said in the post above, drupal do have a forum module
> available and as reported drupal6 packages are available already on EPEL5/6.
> (drupal6 is what we use at the Fedora's Insight Team as well)

Last time we looked the drupal forum software was quite basic, and the
phpbb integration was into a phpbb snapshot; not the rolling codebase
distributed by phpbb.

> Ralph, do you think you can take care of having a VM set up with a drupal istance
> installed through the packaging system? (basic setup then we might need to install
> some modules, here what we use at the insight team [1] and what would be nice to have
> installed on the vm as well)

There have been other people who were interested in getting involved
with the website ver2 process, I'd really like to see them get involved.
Am happy to do some pings around.

- KB