[CentOS-devel] Announcements for 6.0/updates

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 15:49:48 UTC 2011

On 7/5/2011 10:15 AM, Blake Dunlap wrote:
> Please send updates. That being said, I remember months ago you had
> talked about perhaps offering a better method of data dump from CentOS
> than the email method for automation purposes, what ever happened to that?

Seems like something that would be perfect in an rss feed, although
programs that processed it would have to track their own timestamps and
be careful not to do something stupid if they lose their place from
being reinstalled or having a backup restored.  For the 'human readable'
side, pointing google reader or a similar feed aggregator at it should
be fine, and turns it into something where new items are easily visible
when you look without creating clutter or requiring visits to lots of
individual sites to check for updates.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com