[CentOS-devel] Public mirrors leaking ISO files

John R. Dennison jrd at gerdesas.com
Sat Jul 9 00:30:00 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 02:19:29AM +0200, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
> One of the members on CentOS Facebook page says that he was able to
> download ISO file from a public official mirror. Maybe someone could
> check this claim and plug the leak?

Rough checking shows at least 3 mirrors leaking, which is typical.  I've
contacted one mirror admin that promptly took his mirror off-line to
address it (at least it is no longer responding).

There is nothing that can be done to "plug" leaks except

1) contact the admins and have them fix it
2) remove the mirrors from the mirrorlist and remove their acls.

Frankly, not that my vote counts, I'm all for #2.  The issue can be
revisited a few days after release once everything is calm again.

							John
--
There are men -- now in power in this country -- who do not respect
dissent, who cannot cope with turmoil, and who believe that the people of

John V. Lindsay (1921-2000), US politician, Congressman, Mayor of New York City