[CentOS-devel] centos6 postgres static libraries

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Jul 11 21:33:46 UTC 2011

On Tue, 12 Jul 2011, Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

> On 07/12/2011 12:01 AM, Nickos H wrote:
>> I think there are missing these files from centos6:
>>
>> /usr/lib/libpgport.a
>> /usr/lib64/libpgport.a
>
> which packages should provide those files ?

More to the point for CentOS purposes, what package from
upstream, in its version 6 enterprise product built from
publicly available SRPMs, presently provides such?

That some third party may expect such libraries to be present
that form is an indication that they are not 'keeping up' as
there has been a campaign to extrerminate .a and .la files on
the Fedira front for several yaars now, and this is probably a
collateral casualty to such actions.  If such, the venue for
such reports would https://bugzilla.redhat.com/  or the third
party's tracker

-- Russ herrold